This past week was a really big disappointment. I had been storing up tutorials and links to better understand the twitter API calls, but I spent more time trying to understand why the tutorial was using one method or another, and spent most of my time debugging code that didn't quite make sense. It was a severe blow to both my timeline and my confidence in the programming of this application.
My Current Focus
My focus now is on using the documentation for the API itself, and only partially relying on any tutorial. I've decided to go back to the way I usually develop, which is to create a dummy file to just make calls and get used to the responses, errors, and arguments that are necessary to make the programming work.
I'm also re-evaluating my features list, and stripping out some of the features like delicious, pinboard, and instapaper. Those can all be added back into the application with updates and increments and would require too much time with more API calls that are currently unfamiliar to me. I've also decided to focus on one OS - namely Android 2.2 - 2.3 on the Motorola Droid 2 handset. It will cut down the debugging, resolution and pixel density programming and will allow me to get the application complete. Once built, I can then add and test the iOS features and UI controls.
Links for the week
The following are the resources I found this week and have given me better perspective, but have certainly made my life a little harder this week. It was a lot of reading without much programming success.
tweeter - AS3 libraries for twitter API